Friday, September 2, 2011

Project 365: #229 - Baptized

229 of 365 by caliguyinmn
229 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
I must begin this by apologizing to Elisabeth. I know this is not a flattering photo with your face looking as if you were in agony. But it is the juxtaposition of your face with Drew's enormous smile that I especially enjoy and why this was chosen as my daily photo. This photo was taken with a bright yellow sunset behind it, so exposing was not as simple as setting it in Av mode and letting the camera do the rest. I had to experiment with all the setting do get the desired exposure. The sun can be a photographers best friend or nemesis depending on its positioning in relation to the camera and subject. It was fun though capturing the baptisms and was I ever thankful for my zoom lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment