Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Project 365: #178 - Colorful Boom

178 of 365 by caliguyinmn
178 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
'Twas the 4th of July and I had plenty to shoot. Fireworks everywhere. Although I really enjoy photographing them, they are extremely tricky to perfect. This photo is nowhere near what I want ideally but I absolutely love the colors and textures. In a perfect world I'd have a better composition with the horizon defined and some other elements to frame it. This photo is of multiple bursts as you might be able to tell from the variances of fireworks that overlap. It's cool what a remote shutter release and a tripod can do. Good thing yesterday marks more of a beginning to firework season than an end.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic image, Bryan. I love the variety of colors and types of fireworks in this! Fireworks are definitely very tricky. Light levels constantly changing. Hundreds of images shot, to (hopefully) get a few that are exposed properly. But, they have an amazing draw. It's hard to resist a chance to shoot them!

    ReplyDelete