Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 365: #24 - Royal Flush


24 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
I have been envisioning this shot for a few weeks and the snow did its part in keeping me indoors tonight to set it up. I especially enjoy candid shots but also very much appreciate the work it takes to setup a shot. You have to not only get the angle of the camera, lighting, aperture, shutter speed and ISO but you also have to set the stage, so to speak. It was especially tricky tonight because I do not have an external flash or much in the way of lights. I can see how it'd be much better to have all those accessories but it's more challenging and rewarding to do it with less. Anyway, so obviously I was going for a certain look and depth of field played a large role in creating the look. I love the way that depth of field really can change the mood and feel to a photo. The ones I took without a shallow depth of field were just lacking the "it" factor. Well here is to hoping that I see this exact combination of cards next time I go to Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment