Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project 365: #23 - Gaze of a Wolf


23 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Finally, I was able to get to the zoo to play with the zoom lens on my 20D. I really didn't know what to expect since I was not going to be able to use a tripod. Como Park rules are not the most photographer friendly but I am grateful for such a cool place to shoot. I went excited to capture the polar bears, and I did. But they paled in comparison to this snow wolf. He ran right up to the edge of the cage by me and followed me move for move. As I backed away from the cage, he lied down and stared at me for the better part of 5 minutes. I swear he must have known I was taking photos of him as he would change his head position while keeping his gaze fixed on the camera. It was some of the most fun I've had photographing an animal, and I was really impressed with the image quality I got out of the low-cost zoom lens. Many more trips to the zoo are bound to happen.... once the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment