Friday, January 28, 2011

Project 365: #21 - Any Key


21 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
I stare at my keyboard everyday. Ok, maybe I don't "stare" but I sure do look at it a lot. I think it only proper that I include it in my photo project. At first glance, there is little, if anything, that stands out about a keyboard. Perhaps, that's why I chose it today. Not every photograph I take is going to be of extraordinary proportion or have a particular appeal. In fact, some of my favorite photos that others have taken are of simple, ordinary objects. My goal in taking photos of mundane subjects is to use the camera as a tool to turn them into something interesting. That might not be the case with photo, but it is a starting point nonetheless. I think what makes this picture stick out to me is how the pattern of the keys come to the forefront due to the lack of color. Black and white photos allow the photographer to place the focus on shape, pattern, depth and detail. We'll have to see what I can do with B&W photos throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment