Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Project 365: #19 - Invitation


19 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Tonight's challenge was using the kit lens. I haven't used it much but its versatility in getting wide-angle and zoom shots should make it a preferred option. However, I have become spoiled with the 50mm lens with the wide open aperture. So, I took along the kit lens and decided to see what she could do. During worship tonight my attention was drawn not just to the lighting and silhouettes but to the lyrics of the songs. Sometimes the composition won't be spectacular or the subject all that intricate. Sometimes the photo can best communicate a message monochromatic type. Tonight I think captured just that. The power is in the words, not the photo itself. Take time to think about what those words are saying, and I think this photo may just be one that sticks with you as I am sure it will me.

No comments:

Post a Comment