Saturday, January 29, 2011

Project 365: #22 - Reflection of a Flame


22 of 365
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
As promised previously, here is another photograph of fire. Although I do think this one flame is rather interesting, it's not what really grabs me about this photo. What my eyes are drawn to first is the reflection of the flame in the pool of melted candle wax. It's not a mirrored reflection that is symmetrical to the flame, but an imperfect representation. It sort of reminds me of those old cartoons where the main character's reflection in the mirror has a personality all its own, independent of whatever the protagonist does. Again, I am intrigued by how light interacts with varied surfaces so uniquely. The reflection off the glass is nothing like the reflection seen in the liquid wax. In the first three weeks I have learned quite a bit about how light impacts the feel of a photo just by altering it ever so slightly. More experimenting and learning shall ensue throughout the next eleven-plus months.

No comments:

Post a Comment