Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Project 365: #273 - The Cue's View

273 of 365 by caliguyinmn
273 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
On the first day my pool table was setup I had to commemorate the occasion with a photo. This specific photo is all about angles and perspectives. I wanted to capture the essence of the game as much as I did the table itself. So I spent some time creating the shot and looking at the scene from all angles. After a bit, I stood back and thought about more unique perspectives; ones that aren't normally noticed. When you play pool you look at the angles and balls all the time but not quite from directly behind the cue ball. So that was my chosen angle. Then I just had to play with DoF to get the look and feel and there you go. How many times will I have to remind myself that if I just force myself to try new angles. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment