Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Project 365: #349 - Stars in So Cal

349 of 365 by caliguyinmn
349 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
Now that I am (or was) caught up, I decided to start the last two weeks with one of my favorite type photos, star trails. I never noticed before this weekend that there are actually quite a number of stars visible from my backyard. So, with the weather bottoming out at just below 50 degrees I knew I had to take advantage of the warmer weather and get a shot of stars. Is it the ideal location? Nope, but it still provided me more than enough opportunity to practice. I do know now that it is much better if there weren't the light pollution. Next time, I am going out to the desert where the only light is that of the stars themselves. I will definitely be trying this a number of times once the weather warms up. The countdown to summer begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment