Monday, December 5, 2011

Project 365: #291 - Dusk on the Dock

290 of 365 by caliguyinmn
290 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
This photo isn't perfect. In fact, there is a lot I would love to do differently, maybe even better. However, there is this tension that I love about this photo. Notice Ryan sitting peacefully looking off as the sun dips below the horizon. Yet, the clouds and water are anything but calm. The lake has been disrupted by the motor of a boat that just went out for one last spin before the impending storm unleashed its fury. Sometimes the photos I initially discard because they were not my exact intended composition are the very ones I look back on days or weeks later and see with new eyes. The tension of this photo caught me far differently when I decided to use it for the project than it did when including it in the photos I gave to Ryan for the last of his senior photos. Look at those discarded photos and you might see something you had missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment