Monday, August 15, 2011

Project 365: #216 - Homemade Lava Lamp

216 of 365 by caliguyinmn
216 of 365, a photo by caliguyinmn on Flickr.
As I poured some MiO drink mix into a glass I noticed the way they interacted. It reminded me very much of a lava lamp. There aren't too many times in daily life that this type of thing just happens unless of course you are in a dorm room. That's what I miss about college most. Ok, not really but it was a nice novelty. Anyway, of course I hurried to grab the camera and poured a bit more drink mix. I really like the abstract look this makes. Sometimes the random designs made by natural, or semi-natural, occurrences can make for some fun photos to take. This definitely would not qualify as my favorite type of photo to take, but it's always good to stretch myself beyond my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment