Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project 365: #364 & 365: The Final Two

Let me start this post by apologizing. I am so sorry I was unable to keep up with the daily posts. In fact, over the last couple months I didn't even put all of the photos on Flickr for you all to enjoy. However, I learned a very valuable life lesson as a result. Ultimately, there are more important things to me in this life than a photo project or photography. Do not misunderstand though, I still took a photo every day and worked on developing myself with each photo. It's just that as the year progressed, I suddenly had a far fuller plate than I ever had envisioned just a year ago. I went to a total of seven weddings including shooting my first of what I hope is many more. I was able to go on a mission trip to Belize, travel back to California four times to see my family and travel within the region countless times. I bought my first house and got a sweet but needy cat. As summer turned to fall, I was blessed with more photo shoots than I could ever have planned for. And in the last month I've been blessed to meet an amazing girl. I made a decision back in the end of October that I was going to spend my time doing things that mattered most to me and with those that mattered most to me. I knew there would be hits to other things I was doing, like taking classes or posting on my blog, but it was the best thing I could have done. Throughout life we all make decisions about how we spend our time. I encourage each of you to really think about whether what you are doing with your time is in line with what and who you care about.


Ok, now that I'm off my soapbox, I did want to share with you my last two photos of the year. It has been incredible to look back over the year and remember each photo and the many stories that will forever be linked to many of them. The last one, the one of the moon in the night sky looking toward the southwest side of Calhoun, is one of my favorites of the year. It may not be breathtaking, but the fact that I was on a walk with Sarah around the lakes on a nearly 50 degree night on January 10th is what makes it memorable. Talk about a once in a lifetime type memory. I don't know that any of us in Minnesota will ever see this kind of night this time of year ever again. The 365 photos aren't just a project I was doing. They are my memories of the year that was, and what an amazing year it really was!

No comments:

Post a Comment