Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lesson #4 - Look Up


Peaceful Field and Sky
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
Some of the photos I've enjoyed most were ones where I simply pointed the camera upward. It absolutely amazes me how by just including the sky in a photograph it turns from boring and lifeless to breathtaking. Now, I cannot take credit for being the first to notice this. In fact, there is no doubt in my mind that God created earth AND sky because one is not complete without the other.

Even as I think about my favorite views that I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing, they have always included the sky. Whether that be in the way the sun sinks into the ocean, the way the stars light the black midnight sky or the peaceful addition that clouds are to almost any landscape; the wonders of the sky complete a photo. This photo is no exception either. As I first gazed upon this field I saw something that had some interest, but then I angled my eyes ever so slightly and saw a new scene. The clouds appeared to be rising out of the field. God reveals to us complete pictures when we look up, metaphorically and literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment