Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lesson #3 - Passion for the Subject


Epitome of Perfection
Originally uploaded by caliguyinmn
In my year or so of really enjoying taking pictures, I've found a common theme that is woven into all the pictures I think are halfway decent. The theme is simple. It's just that I am passionate about those subjects. Whether that passion is for a sunset or my goddaughter, I see in those pictures beauty that I just don't in others regardless of how good the composition or exposure may be. Reflecting back on my personal favorites, I also notice that I take more care in setting up the shots and taking pictures until I get the one I want.

For me, I have varying degrees of passion for many things, but there are certain things that I absolutely love getting pictures of. Number one for me has to be my goddaughter, Sage. I love capturing her many moments of curiosity and exploration. She is quite the ham as well and seems to know when the camera is pointed at her. What makes photographing her so enjoyable is that there are no two pictures that are ever the same and I will never run out of fresh shots. Although I do not get to see her as often as I might like, I think that helps to keep me excited about the next time I do and the many pictures I'll get to take of her.

I think photography is enjoyable, quite obviously. But, if you want to remain as passionate for it as you are now or once were when you first picked up a camera, shoot something you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment